none
Face Screenshot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working in a proyect to detect facial expressions of people an I have one doubt.

How can I extract only the face from a video of Kinect and save the photo in bmp?

Thanks.

Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:32 PM

All replies

• Have a look at the Face Basics sample from the SDK. I'm working in C#/WPF, but I guess it will be similar for the other languages. Once you get faceFrameResults you will have a FaceBoundingBoxInColorSpace for each detected face. This object is a rectangle you can use to crop the pixels corresponding to the face from the colorFrame (the System.Windows.Media.Imaging and System.Drawing classes will help you with the image tasks).
    Friday, September 11, 2015 7:55 AM
  • Yeah, thanks for the answer.

I've added the box around the face in my app using C#/WPF and the Kinect v2. I'm searching into Imaging and Drawing classes but I can't find any class which help me. 

Friday, September 11, 2015 6:16 PM
  • Check the Color Basics sample, there is a button to take a screenshot from the color frames. Once you have the image you can crop it with the BoundingBox coordinates. I think you can use the clone method of the Bitmap class.

Monday, September 14, 2015 8:45 AM