The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
My WP 8.1 app doesn't start when downloaded from store RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, all. I have an incredibly frustrating problem with the Windows Phone store. I have a universal app. I was able to upload the Windows 8.1 version to the Windows Store just fine in under an hour. But for the Windows Phone version, I put it on the Windows Phone store, and whenever I download it to a physical device from the store only, the app crashes. It shows the app's splash screen, then crashes. I have done it on my personal device, someone on Twitter tried it on their device, the same thing happened. This doesn't happen when I run it from Visual Studio. In both the emulator and my device, the app runs fine. I have tried a bunch of things. I think I have ruled out error in my app's code. I even copied the solution, removed the Windows Phone project, and added it again, and copied all the code from scratch, this problem is still here. I have now spent 3 days trying to get this on the store and it is still giving me this problem. What is going on, and how do I fix it?
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 10:24 PM

All replies