none
TableAdapter Configuration Wizard Update procedure parameters RRS feed

• Question

• I have a process where a user has to update a single column in a table. I created a TableAdapter that uses existing stored procedures. The Select procedure takes no parameters, and it successfully populates the DataTable.

The update procedure takes two parameters: the primary key in the DataTable, and the column I wish to update.

When I click on the Update procedure in the TableAdapter configuration wizard, it correctly lists the two parameters. But the "Source Column" column in the "Set Update procedure parameters" grid is empty. When I click in that column for either parameter, it gives me an empty list of columns to select, and it will not allow me to type a column name there.

The question: how do I get the TableAdapter Configuration Wizard to list the column in the DataTable so that I may select them for the appropriate parameters?

The parameter names match the column names in the DataTable (but have the @ prefix). The DataTable has all of its fields marked as ReadOnly, except the field I wish to update.

I'm running Visual Studio 2005 SP1 (version 2.0.50727) and am connecting to SQL Server 2000.

Friday, June 1, 2007 9:12 PM