Missing burndown on Team favorites (TFS 2012 RC) RRS feed

• Question

• Where did the burndown chart in the team favorites go and how can I get it back?

Monday, June 4, 2012 5:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• When you go to the task board you can see the burndown in the top right corner.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Monday, June 4, 2012 4:00 PM
  • But it is missing from the team home page.
    Monday, June 4, 2012 4:22 PM
  • Hello Johan,

Can you please provide us more information on this? Are you being able to see the burndown chart if you go to your task board, but not from your team homepage?

For the burndown chart to show up, you need to make sure that you have set dates on your current iteration, and that you have tasks with remaining hours assigned to team members (and also capacity hours set for your team members). Can you let us know if you have this set correctly?

Thanks,
    David

Monday, June 4, 2012 5:24 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Hakan Eskici Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Johan L Thursday, June 7, 2012 11:31 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:08 AM
  • Hi,

Before the upgrade to RC the team home page always included a burndown chart and you could add team favorite items like nr of sprint items and so on. After upgrade the burndown chart is missing from home page. I have not found any way to get the chart back as of yet.

Burndown missing

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 10:04 AM
  • Hello Johan L,

Although I do not test on my side, but I think that to get the Burndown chart shown in the Team Favorites by clicking the Burndown chart report in the VS2012 Team Explorer and selecting "Add to Team Favorites". After that, refresh the TFS web access page to see if you get the Burndown chart.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:02 AM
  • This solved my problem, thank you.

/// Johan

Thursday, June 7, 2012 11:31 AM
  • I was able to find the Sprint Burndown report in Team Explorer (VS2012RC), but there was no affordance to select Add to Team favorites – no dropdown button, right-clicking did nothing, properties pane was empty, double-clicking just brought up the report in a browser.  How were you able to do that?

Joel

Friday, July 13, 2012 12:53 AM
  • did anyone have an answer for the above? I was wondering the same and could not do as described by Vicky

Thanks

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 2:42 AM
  • Unfortunately, it looks like Microsoft has removed the feature for most users and made it a requirement that you need to have a premium version of Visual Studio to use them. Argh! Downgrade!

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/govdev/archive/2012/09/06/license-the-new-tfs-2012-agile-planning-boards.aspx

Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:22 PM