Copy additional resources to package for deployment

Question

• Hi,

I need to copy several js/html files to the package folder(Appx\html, Appx\js) in order to be packaged and deployed. I tried to copy them inside "AfterBuild" event, however, during deployment(within VS) stage, the files are deleted by the deployment process. 

Is there way to alter the deploy process? I see there is an appxrecipe file auto-generated by VS which prescribe the packaging process, can I customize it?

VS doesn't allow me to add-by-link because the they're in the same project. I also like to stay with the one-click deployment process inside VS.

Thanks

Henry

Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:08 PM

All replies

• Henry, please post here the outputs in the VS output window.
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:39 AM
  • Those files should have a "Copy to Output Directory" property you can set that will force copy the files to the build layout. Have you tried setting this property? Also ensure the "Package Action" property is set to "Content".

The one-click deployment process is only for debugging in VS. To fully install the app via the app package, you need to use the Powershell script that gets output in the same location as the app package.

Monday, June 18, 2012 10:06 PM