The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[WPSL]Phonegap App RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

We are building a phone gap application , earlier we were using Target OS version 7.1, the app was runing perfectly . now i have upgraded the app in to Target  OS version 8.0. i followed all the steps and even changed the WMAppManifest file even.When i run the app in device splashscreen comes but failed to load the index.html file as it is showing Access is denied error, But my files are in the same folder. the same file if i run in 7.1 version it works for me but not for 8.0 .we are using HTML5, jquery and cordova for making the application. App will run on 8.0 and 8.1 but not on 7.1.

Thansk in advance

Regards,

Mohit Girdher

Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Talygen,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! 
    Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools  

Could you please try to post the detailed error information or log that you met during the upgrade?
    The following article may give your some ideas about the upgrade, please try to refer to:
    #Upgrading Windows Phone 7.1 Apps to Windows Phone 8:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dn385709.aspx .
    #Migrating Windows Phone 7.x Apps to Windows Phone 8:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/africaapps/archive/2013/05/29/migrating-windows-phone-7-x-apps-to-windows-phone-8.aspx .

Besides, if your application is simple application, you can try to copy the code from Windows Phone 7.1 to Windows Phone 8 directly and modify the code based on the rule/feature of the Windows Phone 8.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 12, 2015 7:26 AM
  • Hello,

we are building a phonegap application using HTML5 and jquery in Visual Studio 2012. Application is in windows 7.1 and we are upgrading it to 8.0. After upgrading the application to 8.0 , when we run the application in our device it will not load the first page, it is showing access is denied or cross origin error, but we want to load only the HTML page . we followed all the steps even we installed the windows SDK version 8.1. The same application when we run in 7.1 it works. we are not able to get the exact issue. After upgrading the app all is working fine but the page is not loading , even we changed in the manifest file. we tried to copy the code from 7.1 to 8.0 but still causing the same error.   Is there any specification after upgrading the app in to 8.0 , can't it load the HTML page ?

I am having a page loginscreen.html and i want to load it in to a div element

<div id ="content"></div> which is placed in index.html page.

when the application starts it first load the splash screen and after that index.html page.

I am using simple jquery to load the page in to div.

$("#content").load('loginscreen.html');

content- it is the reference where i want to load the loginscreen page.

It shows an error cross-origin and access in denied , but the files is placed in my project.

Regards,

Mohit Girdher

Talygen

Friday, June 12, 2015 9:14 AM
  • Hello,

I am using simple jquery to load the page in to div.

$("#content").load('loginscreen.html');

content- it is the reference where i want to load the loginscreen page.

It shows an error cross-origin and access in denied , but the files is placed in my project.

Hello Talygen,

Make sure you have privateNetworkClientServer and internetClient capabalities enabled in the windows 8.1. Please see: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh464936.aspx

On Windows, the internetClient capability indicates that apps can receive incoming data from the Internet. Cannot act as a server. No local network access.

The privateNetworkClientServer capability provides inbound and outbound access to home and work networks through the firewall. This capability is typically used for games that communicate across the local area network (LAN), and for apps that share data across a variety of local devices.  If your app specifies musicLibrary, picturesLibrary, or videosLibrary, you don't need to use this capability to access the corresponding library in a Home Group. On Windows, this capability does not provide access to the Internet. On Windows Phone, this capability provides the same access as internetClient or internetClientServer.

Here is a similar Issue that you might want to look at. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/070990cb-be3e-4164-9a90-7852f475e711/winjsxhr-crossorigin-problem?forum=winappswithhtml5

Also for cross origin problem you can try below.

Please see this: http://james.padolsey.com/javascript/cross-domain-requests-with-jquery/

Can you please try using $.get to load the 'loginscreen.html?

Hope this helps.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thursday, June 25, 2015 2:25 AM