none
Issue exporting a LocalReport subreport to PDF RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using VS 2008 Pro (SP1) with SQL Server 2005 SP3 on XP Pro SP3.

I have a report that has 2 groups on it. Both groups are configured to only show the group footer (totals for that group level) and no details are being shown.
    The report has drill-down functionality - clicking on a value in the top level report loads the SAME definition as a sub-report and drills down tot he detail at that level.
    The first column has the HideDuplicates property set to the value of the group - so that the group header only appears for the first item in the list and is hidden for all subsequent items as they are all duplicates of the first.

The report works correctly in Interactive mode (as expected), and exports correctly to Excel.
    However, when I export to PDF, the first value in the list (the one that has the HideDuplicates property set) does not appear in the report.
    If I remove this property, the report exports correctly - the value appears in all the rows.

I have confirmed that this is an issue when I export programatically (render to PDF) instead of just using the built-in export functionality.

Is this a bug in the VS2008 Reporting Component ?
    Is there a way around this ?

Thanx,
    Alon
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Alon,
    Please file a bug via MS Connect with the RDL and some non-sensitive data for us to investigate.

Thanks.

Stella Chan
    Program Manager
    SQL Server Reporting Services
    Monday, August 17, 2009 5:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Alon,
    Please file a bug via MS Connect with the RDL and some non-sensitive data for us to investigate.

Thanks.

Stella Chan
    Program Manager
    Monday, August 17, 2009 5:09 PM
  • Me again,

I also see that when I render in Print Layout - the field is not displayed.
    This may not be a problem with the PDF export itself, but the way the field is handled in print layout.

I'll try report the bug as requested.

Thanx,
    Alon
    Monday, August 17, 2009 11:18 PM
  • Thank you!

Stella Chan
    Program Manager
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:37 PM