Help with simple Stream Analytics job using blobs as both Input and Output. RRS feed

• Question

• Ultimately, I'm looking to export data straight to PowerBI from .csv that are updated on a regular basis. These files live in Azure Containers.

I've created a simple Stream Analytics job that doesn't work as expected. I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious or perhaps incorrectly using the system. I see no errors in the Azure audit logs and the job is listed as running - I can't tell why a new file is being generated.

I'm basically trying to read from a .json file in an input Blob and write a new .json to an output Blob.

Here is an outline of my Analytics job. Any troubleshooting assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Input: testInput2
    Container: testjkinput
    Path pattern: test1.json
    Blob in container: test1.json
    test1.json contents:
    [
        {
            "firstName":"John", 
            "lastName":"Doe"
        }
    ]
    Query:
    SELECT
    INTO 
        testOutput
    FROM

testInput2

Output: testOutput
    Container: testjkoutput

Pattern: test1output.json

• Edited by jkrewms Tuesday, January 26, 2016 4:48 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 4:41 PM

Answers

• What's your job's start time and your input blob's last modified time? The blob's last modified time needs to be after the start time.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 4:21 AM

All replies

• What's your job's start time and your input blob's last modified time? The blob's last modified time needs to be after the start time.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 4:21 AM
  • Hi,

Is diagnostics activated on the Azure Stream Analytics? If not activate it, if the stream analytics isn't processing the file right there should be something in the log.

Even the success message should be there. Let me know what you find.

Maik

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 8:16 AM