Attempting to change vmsize from ExtraSmall to Small RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a LightSwitch application that is deployed on a single ExtraSmall Cloud Service instance with a Azure SQL database. The deployment has been in place for about 30 days. There have been at least 30 successful "publishes" from vs2012 update 3 without issue.

The vmsize in ServiceDefinition.csdef has always been set as follows:

<WebRole name="LightSwitchWebRole" vmsize="ExtraSmall" enableNativeCodeExecution="true">

Today it was changed to:

<WebRole name="LightSwitchWebRole" vmsize="Small" enableNativeCodeExecution="true">

vs2012 reports the publish was successful but the instance did not change in the Azure management portal.

I decided to make a screen change to see if the publish was in fact working but the screen change did not show up.

Once I set vmsize="ExtraSmall", the screen change published.

I ran this test again to make 100% certain is was the vmsize="Small" that prevented the screen changes from publishing.

In addition, I logged in using RDP and check file dates such as web.config and determined those files were not updating either when vmsize="Small" was set.

Would anyone have any suggestions on how to debug this?

Thank you, Bill

Monday, October 14, 2013 8:09 PM

Answers

• Can you try changing the vmsize again but this time when you publish, make sure to uncheck "Enable deployment upgrade" from the publish wizard (it is checked by default).

Please let me know if that helps.

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Friday, October 18, 2013 2:25 AM

All replies