none
How virtual functions are implemented in C# RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone provide me some link or book title or an explanation to understand VTable in C# ?Then it would be a great help for me

Monday, June 11, 2018 1:23 PM

All replies

• Check the following article.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, June 11, 2018 1:27 PM
  • Since you said VTable you win the advanced answer.

Go to Standard ECMA-334 (the C# language standard) and download the PDF. Find the virtual methods section. The standard is supposed to provide every detail that someone writing a C# compiler needs to know. I hope that is not too technical for you.

I won't specify a section number or whatever because they vary, Microsoft (I think) has a Word version of the same thing but different chapters, or at least they do for the CLI.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Edited by Simple Samples Monday, June 11, 2018 5:07 PM logical restructuring; nother added or removed
    Monday, June 11, 2018 5:05 PM
  • A 3 part discussion of Microsoft's C# implementation is discussed at Implementing the virtual method pattern in C#, Part One

Part one has links to Part two, which links to Part 3.

Monday, June 11, 2018 6:37 PM