Simple newbie question RRS feed

• Question

• User772484728 posted

Hello, I am new to the world of Microsoft development, building a simple database UI as part of an internship. I know how to program (in Java mostly) and I know SQL syntax and the basic concepts. I have a database with a customer table and a vendor table. There is a many to many relationship here, and I've got a third table linking the two. I'm trying to use the database first approach in MVC to have it basically auto generate everything, and then I'll just tweak the output html/css as necessary. I can pull this off with two controllers for customer and vendor, but trying to link the two and generate a view that contains the many to many relationship I run into errors. This is certainly a simple task, unfortunately I simply have no idea what I'm doing. I'd love any guidance here.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 3:15 PM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

First, you should spend some time running through the various free tutorials here to get a basic understanding of the MVC framework. Check the Learn link at the top of the page. Then try pasting your actual error messages into Google to see if you can find out what the problem is, what causes it and how to fix it. If you can't find anything useful, start a new thread and post details of the error you need to resolve.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2015 7:01 PM