Infopath 2007 browser enabled form displayed in XMLFormView throwing a Javascript error in IE 8 only RRS feed

• Question

• We have many infopath forms that are not working correctly in IE 8 only when going through the XMLFormView web part. They work fine in other versions of IE 6, 7 and in 8 when compatibility mode is turned on. Unfortunately our corporate system administration is disabling compatibility mode for most of our users. In IE 8 the following javascript error appears when the page opens.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 16:17:57 UTC

Line: 13798
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://frontier.uhc.com/_layouts/inc/Core.js?rev=8Av1g8oygTP0Z2RLm0L83g%3D%3D

The incorrect behavior involves the contact selector control. It works normally except that when you select a person and click the "OK" button no value is placed in the text box on the form (required fields). This works fine with compatibility mode on or in IE 6.

There is no custom javascript on the page or in the infopath form and the Infopath form works fine in all versions if you simply open a new one from the Document Library again, not an option for our users) in all versions of IE. So, I am pretty sure the error is coming from the javascript in the Core.js, but I am at loss as to where exactly this occurs, because the line in the message does not seem to be the actual culprit. Any assistance or ideas as to what to do next to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 5:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Dignann,

I understand that when you use the web browser form in XMLFormView web part in IE8, there will be a javascript error and the contact selector doesn’t work properly.

I can reproduce part of you issue: When viewing the form in IE8 with Browser Mode set to IE8 and Document Mode set to IE8 Standards, the contact select will not hold the checked name.But javascript error will not show up. The workaround here is to set the Document Mode to IE7 Standards or Quirks Mode.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Dignann Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:59 PM
    • Edited by Entan MingModerator Friday, September 28, 2012 1:19 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Dignann,

I understand that when you use the web browser form in XMLFormView web part in IE8, there will be a javascript error and the contact selector doesn’t work properly.

I can reproduce part of you issue: When viewing the form in IE8 with Browser Mode set to IE8 and Document Mode set to IE8 Standards, the contact select will not hold the checked name.But javascript error will not show up. The workaround here is to set the Document Mode to IE7 Standards or Quirks Mode.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Dignann Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:59 PM
    • Edited by Entan MingModerator Friday, September 28, 2012 1:19 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:29 AM
  • Thanks Entan,

that solved the problem and the javascript error went a way when I set Document Mode to Quirks Mode.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:00 PM