none
HRESULT: 0x80041FE2

Question

• I get the HRESULT: 0x80041FE2 exception error when trying to start a C++ Forms project.  I gone through the repair process and restarted the computer.  The end result is a partially started project in my folder but with no form. 

Kind regards,

Charlie

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Charlie,

Which version of Visual Studio do you use? Please check whether it has installed the latest version updates first.

>> The end result is a partially started project in my folder but with no form. 

Do you mean there are several projects in this C++ solution and when your press F5, one of the project started without a Form? Please share a screenshot about your Solution construction and the run result to help understanding and reproduce this issue in our side.

Please create a new C++ Forms project to check whether this issue occurs in one specific project or all projects in this Visual Studio.

If only for this specific project, this issue should be related to your project itself. I suggest you create a new project and copy the original project files to the new project one by one, which could help us confirm which file causes this issue.

If all projects has this issue, we need to know the Visual Studio version and check it to make sure it related to Visual Studio itself or not.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:46 AM