none
use the ActiveInlineResponse except method RRS feed

Answers

• Hello Aurelien,

The ActiveInlineResponse property of the Explorer class returns an Outlook item. But you can't call the Send method...

To avoid this limitation you can save the email item programmatically, store its EntryID property, close the Inline Response (by selecting another email), find the unsent email by using EntryID and send it. You can use the GetItemFromID method to get the reference to the Outlook item previously shown in the preview pane (reading pane) and then call the Send method. 

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hello Aurelien,

The ActiveInlineResponse property of the Explorer class returns an Outlook item. But you can't call the Send method...

To avoid this limitation you can save the email item programmatically, store its EntryID property, close the Inline Response (by selecting another email), find the unsent email by using EntryID and send it. You can use the GetItemFromID method to get the reference to the Outlook item previously shown in the preview pane (reading pane) and then call the Send method. 

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:45 AM
  • OMG how did you find somthink like that. I'll try that i come back in two - five hour to validate the thread.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:49 AM
  • You are not the first who faced with this task :) Take a look at the How To: Customize the context ribbon of Outlook 2013 inline response article for more information. 
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:00 AM
  • I have already read it before posting this thread. But to quickly it seem. I forget to read the reply. Thanks.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:11 AM
  • Use a timer - enable it in the ActiveInlineResponse event handler, store the value of the entry id. When the timer fires (you will be out of the ActiveInlineResponse event handler), disable the timer (to prevent recursion), reopen the item by the entry id and call Send.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:01 PM
  • When the timer fires (you will be out of the ActiveInlineResponse event handler)

Does the timer close the inline response? Why do you think so?

A timer will not close the inline response. The user may stop and compose an email there.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 5:39 AM
  • The timer doesn't. You do. You can call whatever method you like from the timer event handler. There are no limitations.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 5:44 AM
  • The timer is useless in that case.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:17 AM
  • You are right, I was thinking about certain methods that cannot be invoked from some event handlers.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:33 PM