none
.NET Framework 3.5 installation issue RRS feed

Answers

• Thank you all for your replies, help, and support.

Issue fixed on 27-08-2009 by installing Microsoft Windows 7.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, October 19, 2009 2:59 AM
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 8:13 AM

All replies

• Hi

I can see a lot of errors this time - none relating to disk space though. Some of the errors codes are 2755, 1612, 1935 and 1316. I must say most of these errors come back to issues with permissions.

Error 2755 seems to relate to encryption on files/folders which are required for the installation. That causes error 1612 which means: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it". If the files are encrypted then the installer can't access it and the installation cannot complete. From the logs, the files which need decrypting are in the C:\Users\UserNameConcealed\AppData\Local\Temp\NERO1002626 folder and its subdirectories and files. The problem is those files aren't created until installation begins. I'd recommend cleaning the %temp% folder:
    1. Navigate to the Temp folder - In Explorer, type %temp% in to the address bar.
    2. Delete everything in the Temp folder. Don't worry about files that "won't delete".
    3. Right click inside the folder and select Properties. In the General tab, click Advanced.
    4. Make sure the "Encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox is unchecked.
    5. Any files with green text are encrypted. Unencrypt them and try the installation again.

Error 1935 is the easiest to overcome. It is just caused by the usage of the mscoree.dll file by the installer. After an attempted install, it will take a few minutes for the dll to be "released" by the installer before you can use it again without any problems. The way to overcome this is to restart the computer.

Error 1316 means: "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: [2]". So it's another permissions issue I think. The only suggestion I can offer here is to possibly burn the installer to disk or copy it to a removable device and install from there. That way it may use the FAT file system and not the NTFS file system's permissions system which may be causing this problem.

Other than this, I can't offer much more help. If you're using the bootstrapper installer, then perhaps try the full package; or if you're trying the full package, try the bootstrapper and see if it makes a difference.

Bootstrapper:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&displaylang=en

Full package:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

Hope this helps.

Thanks

As I said before, I never repeat myself.
    • Edited by etisoppo Monday, August 3, 2009 10:34 PM
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 1:09 AM
  • Thank you for Etisoppo's kindly help. :)

Hi Elli21,

Firstly, please use Verification Tool to verify .Net Framework 2.0, 3.0. If .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.0 cannot be verified on your computer, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in the following blog to repair the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 on Windows Vista.
    See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx

If it doesn't work, could you please try to use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from your "%temp%" folder so that we can get the latest log files?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (The installer must be run with administrator privileges - Right click the installer >> Click "Run as administrator")
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
    - Upload vslogs.cab file

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Wednesday, August 5, 2009 3:42 AM typo
    Monday, August 3, 2009 10:22 AM
  • Hi Elli21,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 2:55 AM
  • Thank you all for your replies, help, and support.

Issue fixed on 27-08-2009 by installing Microsoft Windows 7.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, October 19, 2009 2:59 AM
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 8:13 AM
  • Hi Elli21,

Thank you for your kindly sharing.

I'm so glad to hear that. Cheer!

Have a good week.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Monday, October 19, 2009 3:06 AM