none
Can't add back VSTO add-in after removing it RRS feed

• Question

• I create VSTO outlook add-in and create installer using WIX. It works okay. But if I remove add-in using File->Options->Add-ins->Manage Com Add-ins->Remove and then try to add it back using File->Options->Add-ins->Manage Com Add-ins->Add it shows error - "xxxxx/MyAddIn.dll is not valid Office Add-in". What can be the problem? Does it same for all VSTO add-ins?
    Tuesday, November 15, 2016 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hello Ivan,

It is for unmanaged add-ins that implement the IDTExtensibility2 interface. In case of VSTO based add-in a loader file should be shown there typically. You need to build the add-in project in Visual Studio if you want to get it back in Office applications. 

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:01 PM
  • Hi,

Do the add-in work when it is installed at the first time?

To check if it is an environment issue, I suggest you install the add-in in other computers.

To check if the deployment causes the issue, I suggest you deploy by using ClickOnce.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 6:27 AM