error when instal program to other PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hai

i have trouble when i instal program that i make with vb.

some of the form cant be open. all of it is contain  datagrid view.

but one of it can be view...

is the program error or the other PC...?

S.S
    Monday, April 11, 2011 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Nico,

im using 2010 VB

it said that

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Powerpack. Vs. Version=10.0.0.0. Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token = b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

in that form it contain print form.

i just copy and paste to program file and run the application as administrator.

S.S

It seems PowerPack is missing on target PC. Just try copying DLLs of referenced Powerpack assemblies by clicking "show all files" then select each related Powerpacks reference and set "Copy Local" property to True, in the same folder along with your main exe. You need to include this DLLs on target PC if Powerpacks isn't installed on target PC. Mainly this DLL:

Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.dll

See this post:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/f46f3439-020b-4ec0-a2f2-485fe47f640b/

HTH.

Best regards, Saygılarımla, Onur Güzel

Yazgeliştir Forumları VB.NET / C# Moderatorü.

Microsoft Haber Grupları Profilim (VB.NET)

• Proposed as answer by Nico Boey Monday, April 11, 2011 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Syahman Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:46 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 8:23 AM
  • re-build...? u mean by restart all over again.? Oh my...
    S.S

Of course not, after setting references' Copy Local properties to True (references related to Powerpacks), just right-click your project name in solution explorer then click "Rebuild" while your existing project is open, and when the required files are copied to the output folder (eg: in Visual Studio "bin" folder), your app is ready to be copied/installed on target PC. That's all i can suggest.

HTH.

Monday, April 11, 2011 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Syahman,

I think the problem may lie in the setup, or the way your program addresses your database, if it does that. What is the error you get? What is the code of the failing form? What is the platform you work on and the version of VS, and what is the platform of the other pc? How do you install it on the other pc?

Monday, April 11, 2011 8:10 AM
  • Hi Nico,

im using 2010 VB

it said that

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Powerpack. Vs. Version=10.0.0.0. Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token = b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

i using access 2003 for my database.

S.S
    Monday, April 11, 2011 8:19 AM
  • Hi Nico,

im using 2010 VB

it said that

S.S

It seems PowerPack is missing on target PC. Just try copying DLLs of referenced Powerpack assemblies by clicking "show all files" then select each related Powerpacks reference and set "Copy Local" property to True, in the same folder along with your main exe. You need to include this DLLs on target PC if Powerpacks isn't installed on target PC. Mainly this DLL:

Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.dll

See this post:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/f46f3439-020b-4ec0-a2f2-485fe47f640b/

HTH.

• Proposed as answer by Nico Boey Monday, April 11, 2011 8:45 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 8:23 AM
  • i had changed to true. but it still have the same error.changed it at solution explorer and view all. reference microsoftvisual.pawerpack. right click propertise set it to true. wright...??
    S.S
    Monday, April 11, 2011 8:47 AM
  • i had changed to true. but it still have the same error.changed it at solution explorer and view all. reference microsoftvisual.pawerpack. right click propertise set it to true. wright...??
    S.S

You need to re-build the project and copy application's folder to target PC (aka XCOPY deployment) after setting references' "Copy Local" properties to True, that contains required DLLs such as Powerpack DLLs mentioned above. Probing rules should allow client user to run application fine because the assemblies are included in the same folder of your exe file.

HTH.

Monday, April 11, 2011 8:50 AM
    S.S
    Monday, April 11, 2011 9:10 AM
    S.S

Of course not, after setting references' Copy Local properties to True (references related to Powerpacks), just right-click your project name in solution explorer then click "Rebuild" while your existing project is open, and when the required files are copied to the output folder (eg: in Visual Studio "bin" folder), your app is ready to be copied/installed on target PC. That's all i can suggest.

HTH.

Monday, April 11, 2011 9:20 AM