none
Woes when assigning strong name to third part DLL RRS feed

• Question

• I have used the suggested techniques to assign Strong Names to several third party assemblies I have, but after I rebuild them, my program can no longer load them. This is what I do: 

ildasm.exe thirdpary.dll /out:signed\thirdparty.il
    sn.exe -k thirdparty.snk
    ilasm.exe signed\thirdparty.il /res:signed\thirdparty.res /dll /key=thirdparty.snk /output=signed\thirdparty.dll 

Afterwards I confirm it with this: 

sn.exe -v signed\thirdparty.dll
    Assembly 'thirdparty.dll' is valid

Has anyone run into the same problem? Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks.

PS, I am not violating a license agreement.

Saturday, March 5, 2011 5:09 PM

Answers

• First note that by using this technique you are probably violating third parties licenses.

Anyway, your question is too general. Get the code under debugger and find out what exactly fails to load. Make your code (and thirdparty.il code) smaller and smaller, until you have a small repro. I bet that during this process you will find out what is wrong.

-Karel

• Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:38 AM
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 9:24 PM

All replies

• First note that by using this technique you are probably violating third parties licenses.

Anyway, your question is too general. Get the code under debugger and find out what exactly fails to load. Make your code (and thirdparty.il code) smaller and smaller, until you have a small repro. I bet that during this process you will find out what is wrong.

-Karel

• Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:38 AM
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 9:24 PM
  •  

We temporarily mark a reply since the thread idle for a long time, please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Eric Yang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:38 AM