none
Unknown errorcode in COMException working with Visio files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

When I try to convert Visio files via code on sharepoint site, on the line

app.Documents.OpenEx(documentName, (short)VisOpenSaveArgs.visOpenCopy);

(app is InvisibleApp, documentName is correct, and I've also tried some combination of open flags)

I catch  COMException with ErrorCode -2032463768, InnerException is null and Message "An exception occurred" (so descriptive, yep). It's obvious that I got this exception from visio.

What this error means? And how to fix my code to solve this problem?

In general I need to convert vsd-files stored in doc library to vwd-files and put them to another doc library. before convertion I save vsd-file on local drive in temp folder. Maybe it's a wrong way for my task

In addition, I heard that there was the same problem using Sharepoint 2007

• Moved by Anjali Ch -MSFT Monday, November 22, 2010 2:15 PM Routing to Office Forum (From:SharePoint 2010 - Using Visual Studio with SharePoint and other programming)
    Friday, November 19, 2010 7:54 AM

All replies

• Automating Visio (Office client applications) from server side is not a stable design. Please refer to article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257757 for more details. If it fits into your design, you can do the conversion part from a windows based application (which can automate Visio to do the conversion).

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, November 29, 2010 8:34 PM