CSS menu hiding behind Page Viewer Webpart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am trying to embedd a PDF into a Sharepoint page on a Page Viewer web part. The issue is that the menus are getting hidden behind the Page Viewer web part. Any solution to fix this will be appreciated.

Also could you also suggest another alternative for displaying the content that may not need a page viewer.

Thanks

RRS
    Monday, October 3, 2011 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi srituraj,

Thanks for your post.

You can try to embed the PDF in SharePoint using Content Editor Web part.

<object><embed src="FILENAME.PDF" height="600" width="600"

type="application/pdf"></embed></object>

and now, you can select whether to show the toolbar or not.

http://www.sharepointsharon.com/2010/08/embedding-pdfs/

Thanks,

Wayne Fan

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:46 AM
  • Thanks Wayne, but do you know as to how can be bring the menu infront of the PDF viewer or Content Editor. Seems to work in firefox and chrome but not in IE and Safari.
    RRS
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 4:24 AM
  • Hi,

Create a document library and add your PDF file in there.

Then use list viewer webpart to display it on the page.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 3:29 AM
  • Hi srituraj,

Please let me know if you have solution of the issue which u r facing. i am also facing the same issue.

mvasan@rediffmail.com

Monday, June 11, 2012 3:42 PM
  • Hi,

Just a thought that if you are using the <embed> method for your PDF you may need to add the 'wmode=transparent' or 'wmode=opaque' attribute <embed wmode="opaque" etc...>. DHTML menu's always popup behind embedded content such as Flash until the wmode attribute is applied. I have never tried this with a PDF but know it works with Flash.

See http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/swf-file-ignores-stacking-order.html for more info.

Cheers,
    K

Friday, June 15, 2012 7:37 AM