none
target of Cortana in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Target of cortana is          Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!Corta

but something is missing in this which is not visible and i tried many more times by guessing missing part but not able to find complete target

Plz help

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you just have trouble in opening cortana by command but not in using cortana?

If so, you can try "appsFolder\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI",

if you want the searchUI try "appsFolder\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe"

Reference document: https://superuser.com/questions/1086354/how-do-i-start-cortana

Hope it can help you!

Best Regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Rahul Gawar Saturday, December 1, 2018 4:43 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hello Rahul,

You could try the following step to reset cortana :

1. Create a new administrator on your Window 10 and sign in as that user.
    2. Delete (or rename) C:\Users\<PROBLEM USER>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    3. Sign back in as the PROBLEM USER.
    4. Open PowerShell as an admin and type (or paste):

Add-AppxPackage -Path “C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\Appxmanifest.xml” -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register

Best Regards,

Drake

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:05 AM
  • Hello sir,

sir is it possible to open cortana directly by assigning its path

as i able to open camera in that way--->

start explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.WindowsCamera_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App')

?

as it is given in target type....

start explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\Corta

but at the end something is missing and i tried many more times by guessing hidden part but not able to open it

• Edited by Rahul Gawar Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:11 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2018 1:54 PM
  • Hi,

Do you just have trouble in opening cortana by command but not in using cortana?

If so, you can try "appsFolder\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI",

if you want the searchUI try "appsFolder\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe"

Reference document: https://superuser.com/questions/1086354/how-do-i-start-cortana

Hope it can help you!

Best Regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Rahul Gawar Saturday, December 1, 2018 4:43 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:00 AM