Certification Failed, Reason: My App uses the payment system ("App billing funcionality") RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Today my App failed again in certification. The reason: My App uses the payment system ("App billing funcionality") ... This is wrong! My app does not use any type of payment system! App My only query service card balance to "meal vouchers", etc ... Using encryption to access the service ...

What i need to do to certificate my App??

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Breno,

What does the "Comments" section say at the bottom of the certification results? This will give you the exact reason your app failed certification.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Windows 8 UI Developer Support

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:30 PM
  • Hello Eric,

Certification result:

"2. Prohibited Applications
    Requirements
    If your app includes in-app billing functionality but does not use the Microsoft in-app purchase API provided by Windows Phone, the following requirement applies: Unless you have a pre-existing billing relationship with the user, your app may not require the user to provide payment information, within the app experience, to activate, unlock, or extend usage of the app. If you do not have a pre-existing billing relationship with the user, payment and personal account information must be collected outside of the app experience via a secure HTTPS website or as a hosted control within the app where the user can verify the URL and HTTPS security.

Comments: Result: Fail The user is prompted for payment information from within the app. Transactions must occur external to the app via a secure (HTTPS) website, or through a hosted control where the address bar is visible to verify the URL and HTTPS security."

My App does not request payment information, but asks for a meal voucher card number in order to provide account balance and transaction information.

Thanks for listening...

Breno

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:44 PM
  • Hello Breno,

Your app should still use SSL to protect the data.

If you have any other questions about the failure please contact developer support.

-Eric

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:43 PM
  • Hello Eric,

My app already uses SSL connection ...

I have contacted the support team, I'm waiting for their response...

But I am saddened by the time I'm taking to publish a simple App ...

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:51 PM
  • Hello Breno,

Would you please provide the SR # for your support request so I can check on its status?

Even though you may be using SSL there needs to be a visual indicator for the user and I suspect that this is the reason your app failed.

-Eric

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:28 AM
  • Hi Eric,

The number os SRX1230980948ID

But are other apps like my in The store that do like my app... :(

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:06 AM
  • Hi Eric...

News??

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Hello Breno,

We are still reviewing the test results and will reach out to you once we have additional information through your support ticket. I do appreciate your continued patience and we will be in touch soon.

Best Regards

-Will

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:28 PM
  • Hi Will,

I get a response of a Microsoft Windows Phone Store Team Enginner in my email about the support ticket... and i write back, i would like to know if my response will get him...

Thanks!

Friday, January 17, 2014 2:46 AM