Load Test Results - time series request data for by URL in VS2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to figure out how to export and then analyze the results of a load test, but after the test is over it seems I cannot find the data for each individual request by url. This data shows during the load test itself, but after it is over it seems as if that data is no longer accessible and all I can find are totals. The data that I want is under the "Page response time" graph on the graphs window during the test. I know this is not the response time for every single request and is probably averaged, but that would suffice for the calculations I want to make. 

I have looked in the database on my local machine (LoadTest2010, where all of the summary data is stored) and I cannot find the data I'm looking for. 

My goal is to plot (probably in excel) each request url against the user load and analyze the slope of the response time averages to determine which requests scale the worst (and best). During the load test I can see this data and get a visual idea but when it ends I cannot seem to find it to export. 

A) Can this data be exported from within visual studio? Is there a setting required to make VS persist this data to the database? I have, from under Run Settings, the "Results" section "Timing Details Storage" set to "All individual details" and the Storage Type set to "Database". 

B) If this data isn't available from within VS, is it in any of the tables in the LoadTest2010 database where all of the summary data is stored?

Thanks

Luke

Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:11 PM

Answers

• From your links and other reading I was able to find the data in the database that I wanted. The tables I needed were the WebLoadTestRequestMap (which has the request URI's in it) and the LoadTestPageDetail (which has the individual response times themselves). They can be joined on webloadtestrequestmap.requestId and loadtestpagedetail.pageId (unintuitive).

More data on the layout of the load test database here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/slumley/archive/2010/02/12/description-of-tables-and-columns-in-vs-2010-load-test-database.aspx

Thanks for the help.

• Marked as answer by Luke Rice Friday, January 16, 2015 10:13 PM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 10:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Luke,

Since the load test is used to simulate many users accessing a server at the same time, it is mainly verify a wev server load stress.

As you said that you want to find the data for each individual request by url, I know that generally we can analyze the url request from the Summary like the following screen shot.

>>I have looked in the database on my local machine (LoadTest2010, where all of the summary data is stored) and I cannot find the data I'm looking for. 

I suggest you can try to add the SQL Tracing Connect String in the Run Setting properties to trace the data.

Reference:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/74ff1c3e-cdc5-403a-b82f-66fbd36b1cc2/sql-server-tracing-in-visual-studio-load-test?forum=vstest

In addition, you can try to create an excel to analyze the load test result, for more information: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd997707.aspx

Hope it help you!

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 16, 2015 9:14 AM
  • From your links and other reading I was able to find the data in the database that I wanted. The tables I needed were the WebLoadTestRequestMap (which has the request URI's in it) and the LoadTestPageDetail (which has the individual response times themselves). They can be joined on webloadtestrequestmap.requestId and loadtestpagedetail.pageId (unintuitive).

More data on the layout of the load test database here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/slumley/archive/2010/02/12/description-of-tables-and-columns-in-vs-2010-load-test-database.aspx

Thanks for the help.

• Marked as answer by Luke Rice Friday, January 16, 2015 10:13 PM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 10:13 PM
  • Hi Luke,

I am glad that you have solved the problem and thanks for your share us the solution here, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 19, 2015 6:09 AM