How to ODBC from VB 3.5 .Net CF app on WM 6.5 device RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I am using VS 2008 to develop a VB.Net compact framework 3.5 application on a Honeywell Dolphin 6500 running Windows Mobile 6.5, the highest OS available for the hardware. For this type of application what I will typically do is run SQL Server as the backend database and make good use of System.Data.SqlClient in developing my mobile application. However, I'm currently faced with a situation where I need to have my mobile application connect to a MS Access database on a network share and insert records into one of the tables. At first glance there doesn't appear to be a way to add System.Data.Odbc or System.Data.OleDb. So now I'm wondering if what I'm trying to do here is even possible. Is there a way I can connect to this Access database from my application?
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:08 PM

Answers

• It seems that there is no mobile access database. Check this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb158551.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

You may need to use Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition or embedded database engine.

You Maybe have a look at writing a web server .

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Aaron Hartley Friday, May 22, 2015 11:06 PM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 10:06 AM