none
Assertion failed: Break into debugger? message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a fairly complex Project Server demand management workflow. At several points, when it goes from one stage to another when the user clicks Submit, it will go on as normal, saving, checking in, going to the next step. The message will say Processing and then I will get a "Message from Webpage, Assertion Failed: Break Into Debugger" message. If you have Visual Studio installed and click OK it will start to debug, if not or if you press Cancel you'll get a message saying that the Check In took longer than expected, with a refresh button and a Cancel one. The cancel one takes you to the Project Center, Refresh refreshes the page and generally by that time it will be fine and you can go on.

Now I know what is happening, the workflow is busy doing in the background, changing custom fields or creating a Office Task. What I need to know is if there is a way I can stop the Assertion failed error. It completely breaks the user friendliness of the whole process and the client is complaining about it.

I hope that is clear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:12 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem, and noticed that the server runs out of memory error occurs in the central projects and edit projects on the web.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:34 PM
  • Agreed with Diego, I had the similar issue on my customized PDP page while the PSI was updating the project & queue was busy, I was redirecting the page & getting the similar error.

Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Friday, March 16, 2012 10:42 AM
  • hi

i had the same problem, opening project center in pwa,i check my add ons on ie and i found the problem,there where some add ons that i could not disable or enable them, and one of them was something named injector that was related to a downloader program ,i unistall it and that worked for me!i hope so for u!

Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Hi Guys,

I am also facing the same problem, i have written few event handlers on the project published, but even if i remove the project published event Handler, i am still getting the same problem.

I have also noticed that in the queue process, Project site creation is taking quite bit of a time. i guess because of too many sharepoint document library is casuing the problem and in return taking too much of time to create the project site.

and cause of that i am getting the error.

any suggestion on the same.!?

Thanks, Parth

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 7:10 AM
  • i have solved my Issue, it was indeed problem with the site creation.

Please have a look, in my server it was taking 2 mins. time to create Site and hence it was giving me the error.

I have switched Site creation to manual. and done :)

Thanks, Parth

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:59 AM
  • Hi all,

I am facing same problems in my project server pdp page.

have anyone got the solution for this?

thanks

hareesh

• Edited by harry devu Monday, January 7, 2013 6:46 AM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 6:45 AM
  • I was facing a similar situation and after resetting the IE settings, it did the magic.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 11:08 AM