none
Azure DDos Attack RRS feed

• Question

• How to monitor if my VM (IIS - IaaS) under DDos Attack ?

- is it possible with IIS logs ?

with DDos protection and without is it possible to monitor it? (Ddos Standart)

also WAF will provide me protection for Ddos ?

is it possible to try a DDos attack against my resource for testing ?

Thanks.

Friday, July 6, 2018 8:03 PM

Answers

• then you need a 3. party solution from market place such as Fortigate, Poloalto etc.
    • Marked as answer by Cemal J Friday, June 28, 2019 11:22 AM
    Friday, June 28, 2019 11:21 AM

All replies

• In Azure we have a dedicated distributed denial of service (DDoS) standard protection service that you can enable for your subscription which will protect Azure resources such as virtual machines, load balancers, and application gateways that have an Azure public IP address assigned to it. Web application firewall (WAF) is a feature of Application Gateway that provides centralized protection of your web applications from common exploits and vulnerabilities like XSS attacks and SQL Injections

Refer to this link for more details.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here.

• Proposed as answer by Zahid Faroq Friday, July 6, 2018 8:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cemal J Friday, July 6, 2018 8:37 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Cemal J Friday, July 6, 2018 8:37 PM
    Friday, July 6, 2018 8:28 PM
  • In Azure we have a dedicated distributed denial of service (DDoS) standard protection service that you can enable for your subscription which will protect Azure resources such as virtual machines, load balancers, and application gateways that have an Azure public IP address assigned to it. Web application firewall (WAF) is a feature of Application Gateway that provides centralized protection of your web applications from common exploits and vulnerabilities like XSS attacks and SQL Injections

Refer to this link for more details.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here.

In Azure we have a dedicated distributed denial of service (DDoS) standard protection service that you can enable for your subscription which will protect Azure resources such as virtual machines, load balancers, and application gateways that have an Azure public IP address assigned to it.  --- where can i monitor it if there is DDos Attack ?

Web application firewall (WAF) is a feature of Application Gateway that provides centralized protection of your web applications from common exploits and vulnerabilities like XSS attacks and SQL Injections --- so it means also WAF is a solution for protection against DDos ?

Friday, July 6, 2018 8:39 PM
  • You can select any of the available DDoS protection metrics to alert you when there’s an active mitigation during an attack, using the Azure Monitor alert configuration. When the conditions are met, the address specified receives an alert email.

Web application firewall is based on rules from the OWASP core rule sets 3.0 or 2.2.9. Web applications are increasingly targets of malicious attacks that exploit common known vulnerabilities. Common among these exploits are SQL injection attacks, cross site scripting attacks to name a few.

Refer to the hyperlinks above for more detailed information.

Saturday, July 7, 2018 6:12 PM
  • You can select any of the available DDoS protection metrics to alert you when there’s an active mitigation during an attack, using the Azure Monitor alert configuration. When the conditions are met, the address specified receives an alert email.

Web application firewall is based on rules from the OWASP core rule sets 3.0 or 2.2.9. Web applications are increasingly targets of malicious attacks that exploit common known vulnerabilities. Common among these exploits are SQL injection attacks, cross site scripting attacks to name a few.

Refer to the hyperlinks above for more detailed information.

Thanks a lot. My last question i would like to test Azure DDos Protection regarding to prove my clients how does it works so how can i do simulation ? is there any tool on windows for Ddos test ?

• Edited by Cemal J Sunday, July 8, 2018 10:59 AM .
    Sunday, July 8, 2018 10:58 AM
  • From https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/ddos-protection-overview#ddos-protection-standard-mitigation:

Microsoft has partnered with BreakingPoint Cloud to build an interface where you can generate traffic against DDoS Protection-enabled public IP addresses for simulations. The BreakPoint Cloud simulation allows you to:

• Validate how Microsoft Azure DDoS Protection Standard protects your Azure resources from DDoS attacks
    • Optimize your incident response process while under DDoS attack
    • Document DDoS compliance
    • Train your network security teams

Monday, July 9, 2018 7:37 PM
  • Moved to Azure DDoS Protection Service Forum
    Monday, July 9, 2018 7:37 PM
  • the problem is Microsoft DDos protection just works on layer 3-4.

i need some proteciton layer 7 level (Get Flood) attacks.

i just want to hear suggestion from real the word, how to do you protect your azure enverioments ?

note* no need copy paste answer i am asking for experts who has some experience about this.

Thank u.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:13 PM
  • then you need a 3. party solution from market place such as Fortigate, Poloalto etc.
    • Marked as answer by Cemal J Friday, June 28, 2019 11:22 AM
    Friday, June 28, 2019 11:21 AM
    yes right
    Friday, June 28, 2019 12:24 PM