none
Windows cannot access the file mscorlib.ni.dll for one of the following reasons RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My .net windows service was running fine for years and started failing since yesterday with following reason in the event viewer. I am not using any network or shared drive, there are no windows updates, I tried chkdsk too, no luck. My service is installed on drive and .net is installed on c drive. I have also tried to install service on c drive, but no luck. Thanks for the help in advance.

Windows cannot access the file C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\mscorlib\3c95223299e6d9bf90e5a44bce71b2e0\mscorlib.ni.dll for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program ServerService because of this error.

Program: ServerService

File: C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\mscorlib\3c95223299e6d9bf90e5a44bce71b2e0\mscorlib.ni.dll

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.

User Action

1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.

2. If the file still cannot be accessed and

- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.

- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.

3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.

4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.

5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data

Error value: 98772020

Disk type: 3

Thanks,

GB

• Edited by gdhar Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:12 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:07 AM

Answers

• This got resolved after reinstallation of the .net framework. Did couple of reboots for uninstall and install to be on the safer side.

Thanks,

gdhar

GB

• Marked as answer by gdhar Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:31 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:30 AM

All replies

• This got resolved after reinstallation of the .net framework. Did couple of reboots for uninstall and install to be on the safer side.

Thanks,

gdhar

GB

• Marked as answer by gdhar Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:31 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:30 AM
  • Hi gdhar,

Thanks for sharing your solution here, It could be also for someone who has the same issue.

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 1:27 AM