msdn technical support RRS feed

• Question

• Can i get technical support from msdn fourms if i am not a subscriber?
    Friday, April 15, 2011 2:39 PM

Answers

• The community can certainly weigh in to help!  If you have an immediate issue where it is production down or something, you might want to open a paid ticket with support though.  For anything less urgent, there are thousands of contributors who will lend you their expertise.
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCTS:TFS 2010, SQL 2005
    techsterity.wordpress.com
    Friday, April 15, 2011 6:31 PM
  • Hello MonG1,

You can certainly get our help in the MSDN forum even though you are not a MSDN subscriber. You can find there are a lot of categories in the MSDN forum here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories/

It is better if you can post your issue on the appropriate forum so that you can get better and quicker response. The forum here discusses the Team Foundation Server general concepts. And if you have anything unclear about using TFS, welcome post your issue here and I am very happy to help you.

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:06 AM

All replies

• The community can certainly weigh in to help!  If you have an immediate issue where it is production down or something, you might want to open a paid ticket with support though.  For anything less urgent, there are thousands of contributors who will lend you their expertise.
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCTS:TFS 2010, SQL 2005
    techsterity.wordpress.com
    Friday, April 15, 2011 6:31 PM
  • Hello MonG1,

You can certainly get our help in the MSDN forum even though you are not a MSDN subscriber. You can find there are a lot of categories in the MSDN forum here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories/

It is better if you can post your issue on the appropriate forum so that you can get better and quicker response. The forum here discusses the Team Foundation Server general concepts. And if you have anything unclear about using TFS, welcome post your issue here and I am very happy to help you.

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:06 AM