none
Is it possible to add a custom button near the attachment icon in a mail message window RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

We have a document management system. I am developing an ATL addin for outlook 2010 in C++. Whenever there is a new mail in outlook, if it have any attachments, near the attachment icon of the read mail window, it should show a button to upload the document to the system. I could find several articles on customizing the ribbon area of outlook UI but none of them could solve the problem at my hand.

Highly appreciate any pointers to guide me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Rohini

Friday, April 27, 2012 11:14 AM

Answers

• i don't think its possible using standard OOM and ribbon customization. Maybe you can settle for button in ribbon area? or context menu?
    Friday, April 27, 2012 12:09 PM
  • You can add your own group and button to the ribbon tab, but you can't modify or add your button to a built-in group.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"RohiniSreekanth" <=?utf-8?B?Um9oaW5pU3JlZWthbnRo?=> wrote in message news:7c3a6293-0620-4651-80cb-fc7e1e757d59...

Hello everyone,

We have a document management system. I am developing an ATL addin for outlook 2010 in C++. Whenever there is a new mail in outlook, if it have any attachments, near the attachment icon of the read mail window, it should show a button to upload the document to the system. I could find several articles on customizing the ribbon area of outlook UI but none of them could solve the problem at my hand.

Thank you,

Rohini

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Friday, April 27, 2012 2:18 PM

All replies

• i don't think its possible using standard OOM and ribbon customization. Maybe you can settle for button in ribbon area? or context menu?
    Friday, April 27, 2012 12:09 PM
  • You can add your own group and button to the ribbon tab, but you can't modify or add your button to a built-in group.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"RohiniSreekanth" <=?utf-8?B?Um9oaW5pU3JlZWthbnRo?=> wrote in message news:7c3a6293-0620-4651-80cb-fc7e1e757d59...

Hello everyone,

Thank you,

Rohini

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Friday, April 27, 2012 2:18 PM