Changing Item template by Visual state Manager and navigating bug

Question

• My app has a bug in snap mode

after snapping the app crash but this crash occurs at a random time or even when I come back to normal mode or navigate to another page .In output window these messages appear:

"First-chance exception at 0x766E4B32 (KernelBase.dll) in FeedReader.exe: 0x40080201: WinRT originate error (parameters: 0x80004005, 0x00000084, 0x0338C6DC).
    Unhandled exception at 0x607B6C57 (Windows.UI.Xaml.dll) in FeedReader.exe: 0xC000027B: An application-internal exception has occurred (parameters: 0x112C4B80, 0x00000002).
    Unhandled exception at 0x77182722 (combase.dll) in FeedReader.exe: 0xC0000602:  A fail fast exception occurred. Exception handlers will not be invoked and the process will be terminated immediately.
    The thread 0xcc0 has exited with code 0 (0x0).

STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN encountered
    FeedReader.exe has triggered a breakpoint."

after disabling different parts of my app finally I found the source of this error

in Visual state Manager I changed the Item Template of a gridView:

<ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetName="feedDataSource_GridView" Storyboard.TargetProperty="ItemTemplate">
                                <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0" Value="{StaticResource feedDataSource_GridView_Snaped}" />
                            </ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

when I am at that page snaping will not make my app crash but when I first snap (and even then unsnap) and then navigate to another page (some times as I navigate and sometimes after a while) my app crash with that message.

by disabling that part my app never crash.

this problem exists also for flipViews.

I think this must be a bug in Visual Studio.

Can anyone help me how to solve this or doing it by another way?

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Would you please provide us a sample codes to reproduce this issue,

You can upload your project to SkyDrive
    http://skydrive.live.com/

It is not necessary that you send out the whole of your project. We just need a simplest sample to reproduce the problem. You can remove any confidential information or business details from it.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:58 AM
  • Hello Jesse

The code is here:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=62A4125922B0136E!766&authkey=!ABX5GX98Vd-yrr4

Open ItemsPage.xaml and do what it says.

In fact finally I solve my problem by using two gridView one for snapped mode and one for others.

but I like to know whether it was my mistake or a visual studio bug.

Best regards,Hamed Hasani

Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:41 PM
  • Hi Hamed Hasani,

Thanks for sharing your solution with us.

We will report this issue for further investigation.

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:57 AM
  • Hi Hamed Hasani,

I also faced the same issue, its absolutely our code issue, If you try to change the ItemsPanel template in visual state manager for different views. Then the app will crash.

Monday, October 28, 2013 2:44 PM