none
Reading bulk endpoints RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am writing a Windows desktop application so that I can communicate with a microcontroller and read data from bulk endpoints. I write that application in Microsoft Visual Studio- Professional 2013, and the PC runs Windows 8.1. I basically followed this tutorial:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff540174(v=vs.85).aspx

Using that application, I can get all the descriptors and pipe information without any trouble. Everything works fine until WinUsb_ReadPipe request is sent... As a response to that request I get the Last Error Code:31 which means "A device attached to the system is not functioning." but if it were the situation, then it couldn't even get the descriptors, right?

Is there anyone encountered such problem or knows how to fix this? I would very much appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

• Edited by giz.myth Thursday, August 6, 2015 11:21 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 11:19 AM

All replies

• winusb provides ETW tracing you can capture. but first, make sure you are reading from the right bulk endpoint (ie the IN endpoint, not the OUT)

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 4:13 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. I found out that if you pass the wrong address for the endpoint, i.e. out endpoint for the read request, then it gives Error 87: Invalid parameter. I am still stuck with the Error Code 31
    Friday, August 7, 2015 7:42 AM