Yahoo Store Web Services RRS feed

• Question

• User2017673925 posted

Hello,

I am developing a web service which talks to Yahoo Store.

They have a option where we can provide a link in the Yahoo Store Admin Section.

That link which could be a web service will listen to the XML provided to it.

I want to write the web service which get the XML and runs the stored procedure to insert the XML into Sql.

I know what the format of the XML is and I have also written stored procedures which insert data into the Sql.

How can I go about building the Web Service which would be the link which I can put in the Yahoo Store which gets the XML feed from the Yahoo and calls the stored procedure.

My question is how can I go about buliding the webservice?

Thanks a lot.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:24 PM

All replies

• User187056398 posted

In other words, you don't know how to build a web service?

http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-7025.aspx

Thursday, February 18, 2010 3:08 PM
  • User2017673925 posted

Thanks Steve for your respose.

I won't say I don't know how to build a basic web service.  I have read lots of tutorials and videos on web service and I know the basics of web services.

My questions is this.  Lets say there is an option in Yahoo where we can put the web services link and which consumes  the XML provided by yahoo for Orders Details.

Now, I can build a web method which can take the XML as parameter.  Here come the part I am not clear.

How will the XML will be feed to the web service as parameter.  I don't have much knowledge on How Yahoo Store handles the web services.

Can anybody please explain how can I go about consuming the XML by building a web service.  What will be the parameters of the WebMethod etc.

Thanks a lot.

Friday, February 19, 2010 12:31 PM
  • User2017673925 posted

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallbusiness/store/order/retrieve/retrieve-21.html

Here is link for what I am talking about. 

How can I acheive this?

Friday, February 19, 2010 7:47 PM