none
NDISTest 6.5 - LWF Logo Test does not show up for Win8.1 x64 machine but does for x86 or Win8.0 x64/x86 RRS feed

• Question

• Back to beating my head against the WLK

I have 4 machines in a group:

Windows 8 x86

Windows 8 x64

Windows 8.1 x86

Windows 8.1 x64

All machines have my LWF driver installed on them.   When I select the group with these four machines, I get all of the Filter tests I would expect repeated for each platform  *except* that Win8.1 x64 does not show NDISTest 6.5 - LWF Logo Test

Now I have another machine group (different machines) also with Win{8 | 8.1}{x86 | x64}   and when I select that machine group I do see NDISTest on all four machines.

I have tried all of the normal 'whack-a-mole' remediation schemes I can think of:

resetting the machine status

rebooting the machine

deleting all packages, tests, results, and machines and letting the machines re-add

uninstalling the WLK client on the machine, removing the user account, re-installing the WLK client and re-adding the machine.

Uninstall/Re-install of my software

basically, I have no idea why NDISTest is not being detected for x64 *on this machine* and I don't know where to go from here.   What can I collect to diagnose this and correct it?

Thanks,

-dave

Dave Cattley

Monday, June 9, 2014 10:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

While creating project, please check what operating system is showing in 'OS Platforms' at right hand side of HCK Studio and also in 'Selection' tab, select your device and right click and check the 'Features' selected by HCK for Win 8.1 and compare them Win 8 project.

Thanks,

Mudit

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:52 AM
  • 'OS Platforms' shows "Windows 8 x64", "Windows 8 x86", "Windows V6.3 x64", "Windows V6.3 x86"

Your suggestion to look at the selected features (automatically detected) for the driver was right on.

The Win8.1 x64 node did not get detected as an NDIS LWF driver.    Why would that happen?    On all other systems it did. On *this* system in previous test runs (earlier verison of driver) it was correctly detected. On my other machine pool the very same driver is correctly detected.

Why does the collector fail in this case?

Thanks,

-dave

Dave Cattley

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 2:16 PM
  • Hi Dave,

It usually happens when we use same system for multiple OSes and for multiple runs. What you can do is, you can select that feature manually (acceptable by MSFT) or just uninstall and remove your driver , uninstall the HCK client as , delete the machine from HCK Controller and reinstall driver, reboot the system and install the Client, and try to create project again.

I'll suggest you to manually select that feature, if you are sure that there is no issue with your driver because as you said , for Win8 x64, this test is appearing. So both OS are having same binaries.

If you feels, I resolved and answered your  question, please mark my reply as 'Answer'.

Thanks,

Mudit

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:55 AM