Pioneer 2dx with mrds RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible to connect Pioneer 2dx robot to mrds 2008 R3, as i can see it is specified to Pioneer 3dx only..

thanks

Saturday, July 30, 2011 8:45 AM

Answers

• I have tested Pioneer 1 and it works with R3. You can try to connect and control it.

Rafal

Sunday, August 7, 2011 11:04 AM
  • All MobileRobots/ActivMedia/Adept MobileRobots mobile platforms have backward compatible interfaces.   So basic functions such as velocity control, receiving position and other telemetery, sonar data, will generally work with Pioneer 2, Pioneer 3, PowerBot, PeopleBot, Seekur, Amigobot, etc.

A notable issue you may run into is that Pioneer 1 lacks configurable accelerations and decelerations. But if your Pioneer 1 still works after all these years (last one was probably built and shipped in 1997 or early 1998 I think?), congratulations! Send me a video, I'd love to see it.

Reed Hedges - Adept MobileRobots
    • Marked as answer by Trevor Taylor Tuesday, November 8, 2011 5:39 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 5:43 PM

All replies

• We have never tested on a Pioneer 2DX. Maybe somebody in the community can answer your question.

Trevor

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:45 AM
  • I have tested Pioneer 1 and it works with R3. You can try to connect and control it.

Rafal

Sunday, August 7, 2011 11:04 AM
  • Thanks. That is good to know.

Trevor

Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:22 AM
  • All MobileRobots/ActivMedia/Adept MobileRobots mobile platforms have backward compatible interfaces.   So basic functions such as velocity control, receiving position and other telemetery, sonar data, will generally work with Pioneer 2, Pioneer 3, PowerBot, PeopleBot, Seekur, Amigobot, etc.

A notable issue you may run into is that Pioneer 1 lacks configurable accelerations and decelerations. But if your Pioneer 1 still works after all these years (last one was probably built and shipped in 1997 or early 1998 I think?), congratulations! Send me a video, I'd love to see it.

Reed Hedges - Adept MobileRobots
    • Marked as answer by Trevor Taylor Tuesday, November 8, 2011 5:39 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 5:43 PM