WinCE 6.0 USB Client driver RRS feed

• Question

• I want to write a usb host client driver in wince 6.0. We are having the driver source code for windows XP. It is from WDK OSRFX2 sample drive code.

Basically i want to port this WDK driver in WinCE 6.0.When I connect my device to Wince 6.0 USB HOST, my client driver should be loaded.

1. Is there any sample code (like WDK) in WinCE 6.0?

2. If not, how can we write a host client driver in wince 6.0?

Note: OSRFX2 is doing the job of Bulk OUT and IN transfer i.e, read/write only.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• For developing USB Host Client driver check out the sample driver in the following folder location of WinCE installation on your Desktop.

\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\USB

In the above path you can find few samples of Mass Storage,HID,Printer class driver source.
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:57 AM
  • Hi Prabu,

Thanks for your information.

I am planning to take Printer class driver for my scenario. I got some information from google search. Pls look into it and confirm whether it is correct or need to add/change any other steps. Below are the steps which i am going to follow,

1. Clone the Printer class driver and USB Host driver into my BSP.

2. Change the Printer class driver for my requirement ( named BulkClientDrv). i.e, Bulk IN and Bulk OUT transfer.

I have some more doubts,

1. How can i point my cloned Printer driver (BulkClientDrv) to host when i connect my device? Is Host automatically loaded my client driver?

2. How can i communicate with application using this cloned printer driver? Is there any samples with application to client driver interface?

3. Is it possible to write USB Host composite client driver in wince 6.0? Because i want to support 4 interfaces composite device.

Thanks,

Dsraj.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:38 AM
  • Hi,

As you said you need ot clone the code from public directory to your BSP and customize it to your requirement.

For getting your client driver to work,you need to register your driver using Registry entries.

Check out this document it will help you to proceed further.

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:44 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:37 PM
  •  

Hi,

I'm very interested in hearing more about your issue, did you solve your problem?

If so please share the solution with us and mark the right answers.

If not please let me know and I will tray to help you find further solutions.

Have a nice day!

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, January 14, 2011 6:02 AM