none
Apps for Powerpoint - binding RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi

I am keen on using Apps for Office to dynamically bind text to word documents and powerpoint slides.  I have just discovered the Apps for Office tooling and it seems to be a good solution for our business requirement.  Binding is currently only supported by Word (and Excel), but not Powerpoint.  The only useful API features supported by Powerpoint is read/write text.

Is binding support in Powerpoint something that may be added in future?  Or are there other considerations that prevent this from being implemented?

Monday, August 4, 2014 12:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Brent,

As you found, the supported clients of Binding object (JavaScript API for Office v1.1) are Access, Excel and Word at present.

>>Is binding support in Powerpoint something that may be added in future?  Or are there other considerations that prevent this from being implemented?<<

I'm not sure about that, you could submit feedback here.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 5:48 AM