none
Is it possible to apply currency formatting to multiple textboxes? RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a table report that has a column in which there will only be currency totals.  By default when I created the Sum() placeholders, no currency formatting is applied.

I'd like to be able to select either the whole column, or a number of textboxes/cells in the column and apply the same currency formatting to all of them.  it doesn't look as though I can do this.  So far, all I've managed to do is to apply the formatting to one textbox at a time.

Have I missed an easy way to do this, or isn't it an option?

(This is a local .rdlc report for a Windows project)

• Edited by Sprogdev Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:46 PM more information added
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:46 PM

All replies

• I'm able to select mulitple object and set the properties for them. I don't mean to sound condesending, but I click one text box, hold down the shift key and then click each other text box that I desire to include. I then us the properties window to set the format, font, etc.

This also works by slecting a whole row in a matrix and setting the properties.

Are you unable to do this?

Bernie

Thursday, June 3, 2010 12:59 AM
  • Hey Bernie,

Thanx for replying.  What I really wanted to do was to select a bunch of textboxes ad then be able to use the Text Box Properties Dialog Box.  That option is disabled when you select multiple textboxes. 

The problem  is that if you use the selection way you suggest, the Proeprties Window doesn't offer a drop down list of different formats for currency.

I can get round this by using the Proeprties indow and manually typing in the syntax for a particular currency into the ormat property for the whole goup of selected text - e.g. '$'#,0.00;('$'#,0.00)    for US $ , etc. 

I think that's the way I'm going to settle for.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 7:30 AM
  • Maybe you could set one, using the drop down box, and copy the formatting code. Then select all the others and paste the format codes to them all at once. That will save you the manual typing of the format codes and get them all set the same. It's more steps but may be easier on the long run.

• Proposed as answer by BernieHunt Wednesday, June 9, 2010 3:30 AM
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Yeah, thats what I did in the end.  The syntax isn't tricky once you've seen a couple of them.  Thx
    Friday, June 4, 2010 7:32 AM