none
USB function driver performance RRS feed

• Question

• We have Windows CE 6.0R3 system with a USB function driver that connects to a PC. We need to move a lot of data from the device to the PC and we are currently able to get appr. 8MByte/s using the serial function driver. This performance has been sufficient for a while, but for a new project we need a higher throughput. I have not investigated in detail where the bottleneck of the system is and before I do I would like to hear what kind of throughput you guys have been able to achieve on similar hardware?

Our system is running on the ARM processor in Texas Instruments Davince (DM6446) chip. This is a 300MHz ARM9 processor for those who don't know the Davinci. My guess is that the bottleneck is either the ARM processor or our custom USB function PDD driver (which we have not developed our selves), but it is just a guess...

I know that you don't have enough information to answer the question precisely, but I would like to know what kind of throughput you have able to obtain on similar platforms.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Allan
    Monday, March 14, 2011 12:38 PM