Allowing only integer input from a mobile phone RRS feed

• Question

• User133998656 posted
    Hi

Is it at all possible to get a mobile phone to register that a number is required, and not simply text. In other words, in order to enter in a number, the number need only be pushed and will be picked up as a number, not the character corresponding to the number, i.e. if I press 2 I get 2, not a,b,c.

The reason for this is that currently I have to hold the number for an extended period before the number appears.

I am using C#.

Thanks

Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:48 PM

All replies

• User-891526991 posted
    Just use a regular expr validator (expr:: [0-9]* ) for the Textbox which takes the user input. then most of the cellphones automatically prints the number instead of character like a,b,c...
    If u press 2 u will get 2 instead of a,b,c..

If u have any emulators of mobile devices , pls send me the link in the reply..

Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:58 PM
  • User133998656 posted
    Thanks

Monday, January 30, 2006 5:54 AM
  • User133998656 posted
    One Last thing.

Every time I enter a value and click proceed, it asks me if I would like to be directed to a different server. How do I stop this from happening, so that I just get redirected without the hassle of always clicking ok.

Monday, January 30, 2006 6:31 AM
  • User-598002374 posted
    if your TextBox has Numeric="True" and is parsed as WML the input format is '123'. But in XHTML it is not working. style='-wap-input-format: "N"' should do the trick but cant get .net to accept it. Maybee a change in the ASP.NET Mobile Controls XHTML Adapter Source. But I dont know how to change the reference to the new adapter.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:19 AM