none
C# - Migrate WinForms to WPF

Question

• I have a mid-size project that needs to migrate from WinForms to WPF.

The original project is written by C# with several layers, including UI, BLL, DAL, DTO...etc  Basically, I prefer to reuse as much the codes as possible, and can I make an assumption like this?

1. I assume I can reuse BLL, DAL, DTO
    2. I need to write the UI layer (WinForm to WPF)

And of course, for some layers such as BLL, I might need to do some fine tunings to suit the need of WPF as well.

Any advise?

Friday, March 24, 2017 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hi iHandle,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, I confirmed it with our colleague who are responsible for WPF support. The Window Form and WPF are two different technologies and we cannot migrate them and you need to re-develop your solution using WPF.

Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, if you have any more issue or meet any issue during the development of WPF, please redirect to this appropriate forum: .NET Framework  > Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 27, 2017 9:19 AM