How to show Contact Selector (People Picker) in infopath RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can any1 Please provide me answer for how to keep People Picker in repeating table. Each row contain people picker (contact selector) control, user should be able to select the user by Contact selector. Initially Im loading/Populating repeating table with some data, i.e I have to populate people picker textbox with User Names, if there are any user names. If they dont have user should be select user from same people picker.

People Picker should show user name in text box of People picker. If there are no user name , user should be able to select only one user name

-Mahender

Mahender
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:03 PM

Answers

• Mahender, if you choose to have your name in your signature, then you don't need to manually re-type it in each thread - it's just duplicating your name each time.

To properly use a Contact Selector in each row of a repeating table, the CS schema will have to reside WITHIN the repeating group that your repeating table is bound to.  Then, it will be usable in each row just like your other fields.

Btw, you can't just populate it with user name.  YOu must populate all 3 fields of the Contact Selector in order for it to resolve properly:

• DisplayName: This must be the PreferredName value retrieved from the User Profile Service
    • AccountId: This must be the AccountName value retrieved from the User Profile Service, although you can typically create it by concatenating the domain name (planet) with the username (ccobb) to get AccountName (planet\ccobb)

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:16 AM