How to use classifieds.vsi RRS feed

• Question

• User641293266 posted

I downloaded the classifieds .vsi from

http://www.asp.net/downloads/starter-kits/classifieds/

now what?

I tried putting it in my project folder and opening it in VWD2008 - all I got was a prompt to accept an end user licence agreement at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=64529

When I accepted I got:

One of more content items contained within the .vscontent file cannot be installed because the correct verison of the content installer component cannot be found.

Then

The.vsi or .vscontent file does not contain any installable content, or the file contains errors.

same problem with every starter kit I try.

thanks

Saturday, November 22, 2008 12:43 PM

All replies

• User1055287656 posted

the vsi files are installers.  You need to run the installer, accept the license and let it install the project templates.  Then you go into visual studio and select file/new website.  In the My Template section of the Templates you will see "Classifieds Web Site Starter Kit" click it, select the proper directory, and click ok.  You know have a project that contains the starter kit ready for your modifications.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 3:25 PM
  • User641293266 posted

yes I know, but when I run them and accept the licence I get

One of more content items contained within the .vscontent file cannot be installed because the correct verison of the content installer component cannot be found.
    Then
    The.vsi or .vscontent file does not contain any installable content, or the file contains errors.

Monday, November 24, 2008 6:17 AM
  • User730446648 posted

Check for an update to your computer.

What operating system are you using, vista, xp . . . .?

Other wise I can send you the specific zip files, just send me a private message with your email.

Specify your prefered code, cs or vb

Monday, November 24, 2008 10:09 AM
  • User641293266 posted

thanks for the offer to send the files but I am having the problem with all starter kits so would prefer to resolve the problem.

I am using XP home sp3, all critical updates applied. 

Re-installing VWD to resolve this sort of issue seems to be a regular occurance....

Monday, November 24, 2008 10:49 AM