New+Rising list is broken RRS feed

• Question

• I published a game on the 06/03/2013 it is now the 08/03/2013 and it's still not showing on any list in the Marketplace, I can search for it, but I cannot see it under the New+Rising list.

My app is set to visible on the Marketplace, so it's not that. It's been longer than the 24 hours specified in the email so it's not that either (and it is visible if you search for it)

So how long does it take to show up on the New+Rising List?

This is the app/game - and it's for Windows Phone 8 only:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/greed-city/25a78a47-3e6c-447c-b3d8-4db7af4bd966

* EDIT *

So I eventually managed to find it on the new list... however it's all the way down on the 7th page (beneath over 300 other games, and that's even filtered by ITS CATEGORY!!)

This makes absolute no sense, it's supposed to be a NEW list, yet most of the games ahead of mine on the list were released last year.

With the list functioning like this it gives me no hope as a developer on WP8 platform as you provide no exposure for me. Also as a user of Windows Phone It makes it very difficult for me to find NEW games.

SniperED007 - [url="http://www.torchbear.com"]Torchbear - worlds biggest relay![/url]

Friday, March 8, 2013 9:26 AM

All replies

• I'd like an answer for this, too.

As a developer, I'd like to think that when I release a new app, that will put it on the "new and rising" list. Or at least, that I can in some way expect users to browse to my app, rather than having to specifically search for it by name or keyword.

As a user, I look at the top few items on the "new and rising" list to see what's new. If the same apps as always are there, I assume nobody's written any apps recently for my phone. Now that I realize the "new and rising" list is pretty much stagnant and unrepresentative of new releases, I'm left asking myself "how do I go and discover new and interesting apps?" - or should I rely on people engineering their review scores so that they appear in the "rising" list (not really "new", is it?), and then on mere popularity escalating that app? Seems like I'm forever going to be browsing things that are popular but uninteresting to an eclectic user.

Alun.

Friday, March 8, 2013 7:35 PM
  • Please check out the following thread.

Note that there are hundreds of apps published every day, and that there is a replication delay on ms servers.

Saturday, March 9, 2013 4:05 PM