none
Using file receive adapter with SAMBA RRS feed

Answers

• The answer to you specific question is NO.  The File Adapter is only 'supported' when connecting to Windows folders or shares.

However, if your server's SAMBA/SMB/CIFS implementation is standard, it should work.

"Supported" and "works" are different things. "Supported" means it is on the product test plan and supported by PSS.  There are many things the work just fine, but at not 'supported'.

• Proposed as answer by Mark Brimble Friday, July 19, 2013 3:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:01 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:41 PM

All replies

• The answer to you specific question is NO.  The File Adapter is only 'supported' when connecting to Windows folders or shares.

However, if your server's SAMBA/SMB/CIFS implementation is standard, it should work.

"Supported" and "works" are different things. "Supported" means it is on the product test plan and supported by PSS.  There are many things the work just fine, but at not 'supported'.

• Proposed as answer by Mark Brimble Friday, July 19, 2013 3:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:01 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:41 PM
  • I disagree with you. The think the file adapter has always been designed to work with NTFS file shares. I think SAMBA shares are like this. In this case the normal windows file events are not used and the file adapter uses other means to detect a new file for pick up. That is the biggest difference and you must ensure that final write to the SAMBA share is atomic. I worked successfully with MS solve an issue in BizTalk 2004 with file adapter and SAMBA shares. So I think they support it. At least they did back then.
    Friday, July 19, 2013 3:52 AM
  • Support is stated here.

Particularly for Shares, its the networking protocol that counts and since SAMBA/SMB/CIFS are supposed to really be the same thing, it should work no problem.

Yes, in practice, they will often give a 'best-effort' even when there are some 'unsupported' components.

To the OP, go ahead.  If you have any problem, it will be very, very unlikely the problem is with the File Adapter or your particular SAMBA file server.

Friday, July 19, 2013 1:27 PM
  • With a typical SAMBA implementation BizTalk adapter may support but in general it not 'supported' to this type of file share.

http://www.athenainfotech.co.uk/managed-b2b-services

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:54 AM