Dynamic GroupBy with LINQ RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm using Dynamic LINQ (Dynamic Expression API actually) for grouping and I need to receive IQueryable<T> (not IQueryable!) in order to make further queries in a usual non-dynamic way. Trouble is the API functions return IQueryable, so I can't build usual queries towards their results because they (queries) require generic type of collection.

So I need to either rewrite the Dynamic API functions (I have the source but don't know how), or take some other library that's returning generic collections (I don't know such a library). Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks.

Friday, October 24, 2014 11:12 AM

All replies

• Hello Summit2,

>>So I need to either rewrite the Dynamic API functions (I have the source but don't know how),

My suggestion is that you could post a feedback to the author of the library you are using so that he may release a new version which could support the generic type since I think it is not easy to rewrite these functions. Or you could try to just write yourself dynamic linq query as I mentioned in your last thread.

>>or take some other library that's returning generic collections (I don't know such a library).

It seems that there is not other library supports the LINQ query by using string query.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 27, 2014 7:53 AM