none
Hosting WCF Services - What will be the best approach? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have 3 WCF Services running - need to know the best way to host and run this.

1. # of WCF Services: 3 WCF services
    2. List of WCF Services and their purposes
      1. Data Service: Main service providing all data to Silverlight business applications. They contain business code that accesses the database via an intermediate layer Entity Framework v6
      2. DevExpress Edition generating Service: will be less used and even less once we have made the refactoring of the Publishing Management
      3. News access Service: internal use (since the main service) will be very little use

1. Who will be the consumer and subscriber of these WCF Services: all users of the Extranet who will access to the SILVERLIGHT application

Could you please let me know your feedback regarding this WCF Services deployment? I mean what is the best way to deploy them between the solutions below (or another one if you prefer another option):

- Create different WCF services for intranet and extranet modes

- Deploy services on separate VM for SharePoint WFE

- Use different names hosts (or different public IP if placed internally) to view the standard port 80 (instead of 50 001 could be a problem with the extranet firewall mode)

- Deploy the service to the extranet on the DMZ, with just the incoming port to the SQL Server (located internally) that is open

- Deploy services within AppFabric to have more advanced monitoring features 

Karthick S

• Edited by S.Karthick Monday, June 1, 2015 11:46 AM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 11:46 AM

Answers

• I will choose this one:

Deploy the service to the extranet on the DMZ, with just the incoming port to the SQL Server (located internally) that is open

You can have a try.

• Marked as answer by S.Karthick Wednesday, June 3, 2015 12:53 PM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 3:03 PM