Suspended (resumable) Isolated Adpaters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have thousands of the Web Ports Suspended in resumable state which is basically a Isolated Adapter using SOAP protocol and is part of request-response port and for some reason it has been timed out before sending the response.

I want to know is there any harm in Terminating these instances of Isolated Adapter bcoz I think there is no point i having these lying suspended and also it might consume resources as well.

Please do let me know. Thanks.

• Edited by Umesh G. _ Wednesday, March 2, 2011 3:50 PM typo error
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 3:49 PM

Answers

• If these messages are from a receive location that has timed out before the response was delivered then technically there is little you can do with them as the client connection has since gone away and won't accept the response.

The question you need to ask is whether the data in them is critical to some business process and whether the client system needs to be updated manually with the missing data.

We get similar issues with a lookup web-service we expose through BizTalk.  As it's not critical data and the user can retry the operation we just terminate out these dead messages.

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)
    • Marked as answer by Umesh G. _ Friday, March 4, 2011 5:17 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:28 PM