Opening an Excel file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have uploaded a MS Office 2007 excel file in a document library. When the user with read access opens the file it is opening with the Excel Web access whereas i want to open it in the client application.
    (Office 2003 files work fine)
    i have made the setting in advance settings to open in client application but still the facing this issue.

Any suggestions.
    Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 12:47 PM

Answers

• Hi

I found the issue. In Read Permission lists, the open items permission was unchecked (by me by mistake). This is the cause.
    Once i have given that permission users were able to open the excel 2007 files in the MS Office Excel client application
    • Marked as answer by RK Senthil Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:30 PM
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Senthil,

I think if uers have Read permission then also Excel will be opened in web browser only.
    Excel will open in client application only if the user have edit permissions.
    Try giving contribute or other permission for same user and check whether its opening in client application or not.

Regards,
    Hari
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:39 PM
  • Hi

I found the issue. In Read Permission lists, the open items permission was unchecked (by me by mistake). This is the cause.
    Once i have given that permission users were able to open the excel 2007 files in the MS Office Excel client application
    • Marked as answer by RK Senthil Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:30 PM
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:30 PM