none
VSTO Word 2007 Addin deployment on web server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

I'm working word 2007 and created an VSTO addin for that. But the problem is I need to deploy it on web server sothat the user can access it and can do his modifications by using my addin.

Can you give me any solution to fulfill the above need?

Thanks in advance.

Regards                                                                                                                    Srinivas

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Srinivas39,

It’s based on my experience there doesn’t exist a way to reach your goal. You are able to publish you add-in on website, but you must install it on native computer in order to run the particular document which will use your add-in.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 15, 2011 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Srinivas39,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I would please recommend you follow the steps:

1.      Right click mouse on the project in the solution explorer of the Visual Studio (Notice, I said project. Not solution).

2.      Click properties menu item.

3.      Click publish tab.

4.      Set up your website url in the Publish Location(the Publish Folder Location and the Installer Folder Url fill same url

5.      Then click publish button.

I hope it can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:39 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

Here my problem is access the word from web server in which i installed an Addin there in server, So when user downloaded my word, it should come with installed word Addin, So user can work with my Addin. But Now i can be able get the data but not the functionality which i added.

Any solutions to make that done?

Thanks,                                                                                                                             Srinivas

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:39 AM
  • Hi Srinivas39,

It’s based on my experience there doesn’t exist a way to reach your goal. You are able to publish you add-in on website, but you must install it on native computer in order to run the particular document which will use your add-in.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, April 15, 2011 9:24 AM