none
How long does it take to roll out updated add-ins RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I develop Keluro, an add-in for Outlook, available on the Office Store. I've submitted an updated manifest which was approved on the Store 3 days ago. So now when someone install the add-in from the Store he has the latest version.

However, existing users still have the older version.

Reading this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj591603.aspx

it seems that updates are automatically rolled out, however I was wondering how long does it take usually (1 day, 1 week, 1 month?) to know if the update was sucessful or not or if I need to ask my existing users to install manually the latest version.

Thanks for your help,

Gregoire

Thursday, November 17, 2016 9:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Since there is no official document mentioning that, sorry we are unable to offer the exact answer.

In my opinion, the scenario should be, once the new version is available in the store, the users would receive the prompt and chose update or not when loading the add-in.

And please visit What’s new in Office add-ins + IT admin and deployment updates, you could find:

The new Office add-in model itself solves the update problem by moving client-side operations either to the cloud or a privately hosted service. When updates are needed, the updates can be done centrally against the service that powers the add-in or via the Office 365 admin portal.

Besides, I would suggest you post in the following forum (Publishing Apps for the Office Store).

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/officeapps/en-US/home?forum=officestore

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 18, 2016 8:43 AM
  • Thanks for your answer,

As a matter of fact it took between 2 and 3 days to be rolled out.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 3:58 PM